Saturday, June 15, 2013

Poppy Love

Windy & Cloudy 19ºC

In a week that was low in inspiration; low in creativity; low in mood, got my hands on a bunch of my favourite blooms - the simple yet extremely beautiful Poppies - just the thing to get back on a high.  It has become the star three days in a row, in my Project 365, my camera and I just can't get enough of them...over two hundred images in three days with more to surely come as they bloom.

Think I might be the last person to know that sunshine is what these cut flowers needed, after having them for the last two days the buds haven't budged a bit and none of them were opening so I put them out in the little sunshine we had this cold windy Winters morning for a couple of hours and I was pleasantly surprised to see they were opening up and shedding their shells right in front of my eyes...amazing, well to me anyway.

The journey of a poppy is just like the ugly duckling story, beginning from the humble, ugly and hairy bud to progress to the final stage of their journey to bloom into beautiful delicate blooms...


From an ugly duckling ...

A smile that hides a secret

to cracking open...


to shedding it's shell...


to freedom and having a stretch...


to breathing in the beautiful fresh air and feeling the sunshine...


to grow into the beautiful Swans that Poppies are...



These shots were all taken in the same space of time so they are all different buds and flowers...if only I had the patience and time to shoot one bud and it's journey to beauty.


•    •    •

No comments:

Post a Comment